Honey Bear Reserve Coffee
Honey Bear Reserve, an ode to the artisanal ‘honey’ movement, was the first of its kind born in Nicaragua. Exhibiting this artisanal fruit-curing, Honey Bear is truly a reserve coffee. ‘Honeyed’ refers to the natural coffee drying process. To be clear, there is no honey added. Just below the skin, similar to the best wine grapes, lies a thick layer of fruit surrounding two coffee plant seeds aka ‘beans’. Instead spring water fermentation, the fruit-covered seeds are put in the sun for 7 days of drying. The coffee fruit melts in the sun like honey, curing the raw seeds and infusing a light natural sweetness. When roasted, the sweetness is subtle and the body is big.
We embrace its unique character by hand-stamping each bag in Nicaragua.
- 100% Organic Specialty Arabica, Medium Roasted
- Whole bean or Ground
- Enjoy in all preparations
- Approx. 30-35 cups. 10.5 oz/300g
- 100% Made At The Source, Origin Roasted
- USDA Certified Organic & Fair Trade Federation Member